Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default deleting the blank rows from the sheet

Hi,

I have assumed that if the cell in column A is empty then this identifies a
blank row. If that is correct then right click the sheet tab, view code and
paste this in:-

Sub surface()
With ActiveSheet
End With

For x = LastRow To 1 Step -1
Cells(x, 1).Select
If Cells(x, 1).Value = "" Then
Selection.EntireRow.Delete
End If
Next
End Sub

Mike

"manu" wrote:

Hi

Thanx for replying me in time for my earlier question.

I have a data of 15000 rows. My problem is there are spaces of a row or two
between each records. I could have sort it to remove the blank rows in
between. But do not want to change the order of the records. pls suggest
the right way to remove blank rows from the records in short period of time.

thanx in advance.
Manu