Metallo

Bob,

That I had understood, but what I dont understand is the meaning of =a1<""

Thanks
Alex

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Select the cell, goto CF, change condition1 to Formula Is, click Format and
select a colour from the pattern tab.

--

HTH

RP

"Metallo" wrote in message
Bob,

I don't understand, can you be more specific?

Thanks
Alex

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Use a formula of

=a1<""

--

HTH

RP

"Metallo" wrote in message

I want to apply conditional formatting if any value will appear in the
cell.
The cell has got a formula linked to another sheet, so if the other

sheet
will get a value, then this is picked up in the cell, at that point,

I'd
like
to have the cell to change color.

Thank you