Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
accessnovice accessnovice is offline

Default Protect Workbook

I have excel 2003 and if I click on protect workbook the "structure" option
box displays. You could also try password protection on the sheet or
workbook.

"andy62" wrote:

I keep reading the Excel Help and rubbing my eyes and looking at Excel and
rubbing my eyes some more . . .

I need to prevent users from changing the names of my worksheets. I have a
few formulas that "hard code" sheet names inside INDIRECT formulas, so any
change to the sheet names causes a Ref# error. When I looked in Help it says
the following:

On the Tools menu, point to Protection, and then click Protect Workbook. To
protect the structure of a workbook so that worksheets in the workbook can't
be moved, deleted, hidden, unhidden, or renamed, and new worksheets can't be
inserted, select the Structure check box.

I see no such menu option in Excel 2003. There is something about Worksheet
Sharing, but not the basic protection features described in Help. There has
to be a way - besides some type of VBA workaround - to prevent users from
changing the names of worksheets, right?