Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dknorwood dknorwood is offline

Default How can I handle negative time values?

I have a spread sheet that I use for time comparisons on a project. There
are target and actual times that get compared. I want to be able to show the
resulting difference as a positive or negative value. For example:

Target Time: 9:00 AM
Actual Time: 9:01:25 AM

I would like to be able to show tha result as + 01:45

I also need to account for the other situation as well:

Target Time: 9:00 AM
Actual Time: 8:58:25 AM

I would like thsi result to show as - 01:35

Any help would be most appreciated. I can definitely get the calaulation to
run ok, but I have not yet found a way to format the result in the desired
fashion.

dknorwood