Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] JohnC@Raytheon.com is offline

Default Excel File Shrink

JLatham, thanks for the try, but deleting (I assume this is what you mean by
'resetting') unused rows and columns didn't seem to help. As for
Contextures, I'm doing basically the same thing by using Microsoft's Add-In,
Excess Formatting Cleaner. Any other ideas would be appreciate. John

"JLatham" wrote:

Have you verified that resetting the UsedRange has worked by going to some
sheets and checking? If you do that and it turns out that it's not as
expected, you might look at this new info that Microsoft published about it
all along with what was available at Contextures:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...CH100648141033

" wrote:

I've got a 3 MB VBA file that has grown to 50 MB+. Any ideas on how to chop
it down?

Things tried already:
-Last cell issue resolved, including contexture fix.
-Temp files in Windows & Internet purged.

I've spent hours researching this on this site and others, but nothing seems
to workl

Thanks for any help,
John