Arvi Laanemets

Default Winn98SE, Excel2000: ODBC query opens the source workbook

Hi

I use quite often ODBC queries to Excel files. Recently some such queries
started to behave strangely - when the query is run, the source workbook is
opened (as Read-only). And another oddity: after the query finishes, and I
try to close the source workbook, the Excel attempts to close the target
workbook instead - I have to activate the target workbook, reactivate the
source workbook, and only then I can close it.

Has someone a clue, what is the reason for such behaviour, and how to avoid
it.
Thanks in advance

--
When sending mail, use address arvil<attarkon.ee
Arvi Laanemets