Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
0749css 0749css is offline

Default install office 2000 on windows xp

windows manuel, front page, certificate of Authenticity

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Where is "It" that "states very clearly product key" located?

Did that key work OK on your previous installation of Office 2000 on the OS you
were running at that time?

Have you tried the Office.Setup group?

As far as accuracy goes..............there would be no need for mal-practice
insurance if accuracy increased proportionally with the importance of the job
being done.

Gord

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 03:58:00 -0700, 0749css
wrote:

Gord,
I do apologize if I sounded rude, I did not mean to, but thousands of
dollars go thru my hands daily via the computer and I do have to be accurate.
I did try the cap lock on and off and that did not work either. Please,
anything else I can try?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You have much more confidence in your accuracy than I have in mine so not much
to offer from this end.

I have no other ideas other than maybe post over in the Office Setup newsgroup.

Gord

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 11:16:02 -0700, 0749css
wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to answer my post. Yes, I am very sure about
the key. It states very clearly product key, and I sit at a computer at work
nine hours a day, so I am very sure about my accuracy.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

I assume you are entering the 25-digit Product Key and not the Product ID key
which has closer to 16-digits

You need to examine the Product Key very carefully. It's awfully
easy to mistake a "B" for an "8," a "G" for a "6," an "S" for a "5," or
a "Q" for a "0" or "O." Fortunately, Microsoft had the good sense to
leave the "1's," "I's," "O's," and "0's" out of the equation. Also, be
sure that your <CapsLock is _off_ while entering the Product Key --
this isn't supposed to make a difference, but I've seen it do so, on
rare occasions.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 03:40:00 -0700, 0749css
wrote:

I get a product key error when trying to install my old version of office
2000 on Windows XP. I know my product key is correct. What am I doing
wrong. I do not want to purchase the office xp