DazzaData

You cannot self-refer to a cell value, so youre going to have to either write
a macro or generate the two data values in new cells

"christinab" wrote:

Thanks, but not quite what I wanted!

Instead of it going into 5 new columns, I just want it all to go into one
new one, leaving the person's surname behind in the old one.

"Kassie" wrote:

Data, Text to Columns, Tick delimited, <Next Select "Space" as delimiter,
<Next, leave format as General, <Finish and it will split this entry into 5
columns

"christinab" wrote:

Hi,

I have data (names) which appear with Surname first, with all other names
after that. (all in one cell). For example:

Earles Prof Stanley William Edward

What I want to do, is split this so that the first word (in this case
"Earles" stays, and the rest is shifted into a new column.

Any ideas?

PS...I cant get Data, text to columns to work!