Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dan the Man[_2_] Dan the Man[_2_] is offline

Default Array Formula and 2 Tabs!

Thanks Toppers. I was also able to extrapolate appropriately from your
formula to change the parameters when searching by year (e.g. 2007). For some
reason nothing was working right yesterday with respect to Excel and
formulas. Today, everything is going well. Whew! Knock on wood!

Dan

"Toppers" wrote:

try:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT('New Rules Sample'!T4:T3500,"mmm yy")="Jan 07"))

"Dan the Man" wrote:

Max and Roger are AWESOME! I feel so silly because I copied and pasted the
formula into my spreadsheet EXACTLY as you gave it to me (I swear), and I
couldn't get it to work properly. The one you sent me however WORKS like a
dream. I don't get it, but I am VERY thankful to you and Roger for your help

On a positive note, I was however successful last night in doing something
similar with the Rows which contain text (e.g. Row G-name of court), but
wasn't sure how to do this with Rows containing dates (e.g. Row T-date of
Intake Interview).

Is the formula for tracking dates off of my "New Rules" tab, and placing it
onto my "QA Data Tab" as easy? I'm almost afraid to ask? My intention with
some of the date rows is to track total clients (based upon their Intake
Dates-Row T, and their Exit Interview Dates-Row Z) by the applicable month as
well as the annual total.

=SUMPRODUCT((YEAR('New Rules Sample'!T4:T3500)=2007) -and-

=SUMPRODUCT((TEXT('New Rules Sample'!T4:T3500,"mmm yy")="Jan 07")

Unfortunately the above formulas returned a "0" result upon testing of the
data in Row T (when the applicable dates were placed there) so I must be
missing something (I do try on my own to figure it out before reaching out
for help, lol).

Again, thank you so VERY much to Max and Roger for your help!

Respectfully,

Dan

"Max" wrote:

"Dan the Man" wrote:
.. I entered the data EXACTLY as you suggested
(into the proper cells and not as an Array), and when I went to taste the
variables in Rows T and H it wouldn't work.

Since you have difficulty getting it to work over there, I've sent over the
file with the formulas implemented in B11 and B12 for your reference.
--
Max
Singapore