Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default Negative Column ????

Maybe it would be easier to think of the ***loss*** in positive terms and
enter it without the minus sign. That way, when you calculate with it, you
can subtract the value in the Loss column from whatever instead of adding it
(because it is negative).

Rick

"DB" wrote in message
. uk...
I'm trying to work something out and I am trying to find out if something
is
possible...

Basically I do the losses and gains at work for various stocks - I
manually
work out the losses and gains, recording them on a weekly basis.

The format is as follows.......

A B C D
Date Loss Gain Net Result
this week Result to Date
1 1/7/07 -50.00 -26.00 - -26.00
2 8/7/07 -100.00 170.00 100.00
74.00
3
4
5
6
7
8
9

Is there a way that can treat the whole B column as Negative, rather than
having to input using a minus (-) sign .

I know it is a tiny problem - but is it possible ?

Many Thanks

DB:)