Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

Default How can I combine data from two sheets where field contents match?

checkout vlookup in help
in the cells you want to pull data to
=if(isna(vlookup(Part_number,Sheet2!$A$G,appropria te_column_number,0)),"",vlookup(Part_number,Sheet2 !$A$G,appropriate_column_number,0)))

"amaries" wrote:

I have two sheets in same workbook, first one is a list of parts with lots of
other data (product code, qty, etc) In the second sheet I have a list of
parts with other data (#times quoted, qty, etc) I need to get the data from
sheet two to appear on sheet one where the part numer is the same.
So my first sheet will pull in the additional data on the parts from the
second sheet.
So like a link but where the part number matches.
Sheet 1
a)Part#
b)ProductCode
c)Qty on sales orders
d)Avg Sell Price
e)Qty on work orders
f)Avg Cost
g) (from sheet 2) Qty on quotes
h) (from sheet 2) Avg. Quote Price
I have use paste special but I couldn't figure out how to only merge where a
field content matched.
Any tips to accomplish this (under time constraint, CEO wants by EODay).
Thanks for any help