Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RayportingMonkey RayportingMonkey is offline

Default Dynamic Formulas

I am building a report template that pulls like data from different vendor
workbooks. I want to be able to create "Dynamic Formulas" that can "Read"
what vendor I am working with and change based on that information.

For example;

Raw data may be contained in workbooks as follows:

RAWDATA_Vend1.xls
RAWDATA_Vend2.xls
RAWDATA_Vend3.xls

I am thinking that I would specify a location in the template to indicate
which vendor I am working with, (i.e. Vend2) and that criteria could be used
within formulas inside the worksheet, such as;

=SUM(A1+'[RAWDATA_?????.xls]TabName'!$A$2)
Where ????? = the content of my "criteria" cell.

I would want this reference to be used not only to reference external
locations, as described above, but also internally to:

Change report headers
Use in File Save As / In conjunction with a date
Change out images (if possible?!)

I don't even know if this type of stuff is possible, but it would make my
life sooo much easier as now I am modifying multiple templates every time I
have to implement a change. A single template would be much better!

Thanks in advance!
Ray