Gary Brown

You've shown us how it looks and how you DON'T want it to look. How do you
WANT it to look?

"MXC" wrote:

I have a set of data with multiple columns (4). I need to sort my data by
one of the columns which contains both numbers and alpha-numeric
characters---but the cells are formatted as "Text". When I do a sort,
Excel's default is to sort from left to right and it puts all of my numbers
at the top with the alpha-numeric entries at the bottom. Is there a way that
I can sort my data so it doesn't do this? Example below:

Column to be sorted:
110
115
110LEG
115SAP
120
117LEG
117

When using Excel's Sort function it comes out like this:
110
115
117
120