Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
challa prabhu challa prabhu is offline

Default unable to open a hyperlink

Hi,

I too experience the same problem, therefore I follow the procedure
mentioned below. It works seemlessly.

Do the following:

1. On the Insert menu, click Object. The Object dialog box is displayed.
2, Click the Create from File Tab.
3. Click the Browse button. Then select your .PDF document from
your local machine.
4. In the Browse dialog box, click the Insert button to return to the Object
dialog box.
5. Click the Link to File and Display as Icon check boxes if you want the
document to be displayed as an icon with the path of the document file or
just clear the Link to File and Display as Icon check boxes and adjust the
corners to to your requirement.

Challa Prabhu

"Scott Hippauf" wrote:

in Excel 2003, created hyperlink to a pdf document on our network. when the
hyperlink is clicked, Adobe opens for a quick second and closes. we are
running both Adobe 7.0 Pro and Adobe 8.0 reader. this is a major problem.
anyone with ideas or suggestions are encouraged to reply.