Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
atledreier atledreier is offline

Default Splitting a delimited text

I've settled on instructing my users to enter one piece of data in
each column to work around the issue, although a macro could probably
do it.

Thanks for your input, guys.

On Jul 4, 2:12 am, Ron Rosenfeld wrote:
On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 00:46:49 -0700, atledreier wrote:
I need my users to enter delimited data in a cell, and be able to
split this data in another workbook, to ease printing and searching.
The data does not have a set format. As a workaround I have set a
range of columns that the user enter the data in individual cells
manually, but that hurts the user's readability while entering and
editing the data.

On Jul 2, 1:10 pm, Ron Rosenfeld wrote:
On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 23:26:54 -0700, atledreier wrote:
I am aware of the 'Text to columns' wizard. I was hoping to automate
this, though. Thanks anyway. :o)

- Atle

What would an "automated" process look like, to you?
--ron

Seems to me you could record a macro that

Copies the user entered data
Pastes it into an existing or new workbook
Executes the Data/Text-to-Columns wizard in the new workbook

and, perhaps, attach it to a button.

There are too many potential, undefined variations in what you've posted to go
much further.
--ron- Hide quoted text -