Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dan the Man[_2_] Dan the Man[_2_] is offline

Default Is there a formula to capture data between "Tabs" on a spreadsheet

I have a question?

Is there a formula that I can use which references a different "tab" on my
spreadsheet.

For example if on sheet 1 (which of named New Rules) I have dates in which
clients were admitted to our treatment program. Also on sheet one, I list
their diagnoses (e.g depression, anxiety, etc).

On sheet 2 (which I nammed QA Data) I want to list "stats only". For
example, cell A1 on the QA Data sheet may list the total number of clients in
2007, and another cell may list a break out of diagnoses. Again, the raw data
for this information (name of client, admission date, diagnosis) is on sheet
1 (New Rules), but I want to use sheet 2 (QA Data) to tally the various stats
that I desire (a tab dedicated to stas).

I just didn't know if you can write Excel formula on one sheet askinig to
capture information from another sheet. The only thing I know how to do is to
"link data" between sheets, but I don't want to do that.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Dan