Neil

Judith,

If you're familiar with VBa then the following piece of code will be fairly
easy to understand, and will work for you.

Dim MyMonth As Integer
MyMonth = Month(Now())

Select Case Month

Case 1 'If month number is 1 (Jan)
Sheets("Feb").Visible = False
Sheets("March").Visible = False
Sheets("April").Visible = False
Case 2 'If Month number is 2 (Feb)
Sheets("Jan").Visible = False
Sheets("March").Visible = False
Sheets("April").Visible = False
End Select

What this does is find the current month number, and depending on its
condition, hides unwanted sheets.
The best place for this code is in the 'Open Workbook' event, so that it
executes everytime the workbook is opened.
The code is an abridged version of the full code required, it obviously
needs repeating until you have 12 different case statements, each hiding 11
worksheets

Also, I would put some code in the 'Close Workbook' event which made all 12
sheets visible again e.g.

Sheets("Jan").Visible = True

Repeated for all months.

Hope this makes sense, if you are unsure of how to go about this in VBA
please re-post or contact me directly and I will be glad to be of assistance.

Neil
www.nwarwick.co.uk
"JudithJubilee" wrote:

Hello there,

I have a large number of spreadsheets each with 12 sheets
named after the abbreviations of months.

I only want my users to be able to see the relevant
month's sheet, ie. if in January hide all the other month
sheets. OR. At least protect the other sheets so they
cannot edit the other sheets figures.

All the spreadsheets will be saved into the same shared
folder.

I'm thinking that maybe there a way of doing this each
month for the multiple workbooks, or have a macro the
runs automatically each month?????

Any input in this will be VERY gratefully received!!

Cheers

Judith