R.VENKATARAMAN

presume your dates have been entered as excel entries for e.g.

1/10/2004 which is 1 october 2004 is entred as 10/1/04.
you can format in any format you like e.g. 1-oct-04
suppose this date is in A1
in some other cell if you type the formula
=month(A1) you will get 10
then
=day(A1) will get 1
now you get the hang of it and can manipulate data as you like

--
remove $$$ from email addresss to send email
===========

Rob <NA wrote in message ...
Could someone please help me to extract some details from "1/10/2004
through 31/01/2005", which has been pasted into one cell.
I need a formula to extract the month, 10 and another formula to extract

the
number 01
I then need to convert those calendar months to fiscal units (or fiscal
months), so 10 becomes 4 and 01 becomes 7.
Please note that these dates change and may not always have the same

number
of characters. ie 1/10/2004 could be 11/10/2004, etc.
I need to be able to then do a calculation on those 2 fiscal units (eg
7-4=3).
I hope that's clear.

Rob