Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
[email protected] rootpowers@gmail.com is offline

Default Does anyone know how to tweak Custom Auto Filter box?

Thanks Dave. I wish there was a way we can re-order that drop down
menu. Your idea very much works, just need to type 2 more chars!

On Jul 5, 12:32 am, Dave Peterson wrote:
And if MS made those dropdown boxes just a bit bigger, you wouldn't have to
scroll down to get to Contains, either! (My personal irritant!)

I don't think you can change this behavior, but you can cheat a little.

If I want to filter a field so that it contains "root", I can use
Equals
and type
*root*

If you go back into that custom option, you'll see that excel knows that you
want contains.

And
root*
is the same as "begins with" root

*root
is the same as "ends with" root

wrote:

Hi,

I searched for this but could not find a way to solve this.

I use the AutoFilter a lot, when the Custom AutoFilter is started it
always starts with the option "equals" in the drop down menu but I
want the Custom Auto Filter dialog box to start with the option
"contains" .

This will save a lot of time for me. Excel gurus pls help.

Thanks,
root

--

Dave Peterson