Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default Multiplying non consecutive rows, than adding it.

even though your ranges are offset from each other, your first formula
will produce B2*D3 + B3*D4 + B4*D5 etc. Now, B3*D4 should equal zero
as B3 should be blank, but what I pointed out earlier is that if B3
contains a space you will get #VALUE.

I assumed since the OP wanted to reach back to B2 (an even row) from D3 (an
odd row), that he would have data in these cells although I would expect D2
to probably be blank (sort of like a starting condition).

The formula can work with the OP's data if he has alternate blanks in
column B. In your test data you do not have alternate blanks, so you
are adding up too many values.

Ahhh! (The light-bulb goes on<g)... **that** is why my first equation
worked... there are alternating blanks in each row!!!

Rick