Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Formula Problem

You need to define the intervals more clearly.

When a lot of people post this type of question they don't realize that they
have either defined overlapping intervals or left out a number that's the
boundary of an interval.

Try defining them like this:

<= X (less than or equal to)
= X but <= X (greater than or equal to but less than or equal to)
= X (greater than or equal to)

For example:

<=30
= 31 but <=35
=36

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"JoeH" wrote in message
I am trying to develop a worksheet where my sum will vary depending on
whether another cell is greater than one number, greater than or less than
another number and less than another number. A second multiplier depends
on this criteria. An example would be if cell L20was <30 then C20 would be
multiplied by cell L20. If it was <36 It would be multiplied by I20and if
it was 36 it would be multiplied by cell F20. I am trying to enter the
formula into cell M20. Hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance.