Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default Sumproduct to find monthly bonuses

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A100="Bob"),--(C2:C100850),C2:C100)

will do it, replace the hardcoded criteria (bob and 850) with cell
references where you can type the criteria without editing the formula

Peo Sjoblom

"Nick Krill" wrote in message
I apologize for not being more elaborate in my initial query: How can I use
sumproduct on the last 30 rows of a database whose number of rows changes
daily?

My database has a list of first names in column A and sales results in
column C.

To compute monthly commission bonuses I need to multiply all those
instances
where column A = "Bob" x all those same row instances where column C is
greater than $850

It has me vexed!