Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
vezerid vezerid is offline

Default EXCEL MAXIMUM VALUE AND VLOOKUP NESTED?

Edu,
use the following *array* formula (commit with Shift+Ctrl+Enter)

=MAX(IF((A1:A10=0.2)*(A1:A10<=0.4),B1:B10))

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

On Jul 3, 4:36 pm, Edu wrote:
Hello,

I have a question I am hoping someone in here may be able to help me
with:
Say I have a range of data that looks like this:

A B

0.1 0.6
0.2 0.9
0.3 1.4
0.4 1.0
0.5 0.6
0.6 1.0
0.7 1.3
0.8 1.1
0.9 0.9
1.0 0.4

If I want to obtain the maximum value in column B for a range of 2
numbers correcponding to column A, which formula should be used?

e.g. For values between 0.4 and 0.8 corresponding to A, the max in the
range in column B is 1.3.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Edu