Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shadowman13 Shadowman13 is offline

Default Conditional display

That worked extremely well. Thanks so much for the quick response.
--
Steve

"Max" wrote:

One way ..

Assuming text within A1:A5, numbers within B1:B5
placed in say, C1:
=INDEX(A1:A5,MATCH(MIN(B1:B5),B1:B5,0))
will return the text corresponding to the minimum of the numbers

Should there be a tie(s) in the min numbers,
it'll return the first match, ie the text which is "higher up" within A1:A5
--
Max
Singapore
"Shadowman13" wrote:
I have a worksheet wherein there's a cell that displays the "minimum" number
from a group of five [or more] numbers; each of those five [or more] numbers
is associated with a "text statement".

Is there a formula I can employ, that would allow me to display, in a cell,
the "text statement" associated with the minimum number? My goal is to be
able to automatically display [based on which number is the minimum] the
associated text statement. Thus the reader of the worksheet will see
displayed the text statement associated with the appropriate minimum number.

Thanks!