Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete McCosh Pete McCosh is offline

Default integer with decimal display

Hi,

I'm not clear from your post whether you're having this problem in a
worksheet or in VBA code.

If you've declared an integer variable and try to read the value 13.456 into
it, the decimal part will be ignored and only the 13 is stored. Therefore,
when you try to ROUNDUP, it will still return 13.

Entering 13.456 in a worksheet cell then referencing it in a ROUNDUP formula
produces the "correct" result of 14. The ROUND formula will return 13 in this
instance.

Cheers, Pete.

"oldLearner57" wrote:

hi community

can someone assist me on this...

i place a value with 3 decimal places, eg: 13.456
and
when i use the the roundup(value,0)
and
the display is 13.0
could this be not right?
and if it is wrong, what is happening to my excel
i am using version 2003

thanks community for the assistance :)
--
oldLearner57