Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default My formula is =Sum(E38). How can I add text to the formula?

You could also just use a formula like:

=E38
but give that cell a custom format
Format|cells|Number tab|Custom category:
"The Number of Occurences Reported is "0
Or if you like commas:
"The Number of Occurences Reported is "#,##0

By using the custom format, the value in the cell will still be a number. And
you can do more calculations with it if you want.

Marie wrote:

How can I add text to a formula in a cell. Example: The cell now is
=Sum(E38). How can I add to the beginning of the formula so that the
following words appear in the same cell The Number of Occurences Reported is
--
Marie

--

Dave Peterson