Sukismomma

Sorry - I was having a lapse in brain activity! Thank goodness it was lunch
time!

Thank you!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

What I am saying is that wherever you use Project Name other than on
Resource Sheet, then you need to do the VLOOKUP to get the id.

--

HTH

RP

"Sukismomma" wrote in message
I'm sorry but I am still confused.

If I understand what you are saying, the search is not checking all sheets
within the Summary workbook as well as the external workbook.

I can assign the project a number, but it's locating that throughout all

is
where I am getting stumped. Maybe it is easier than I am thinking, but
appreciate some more feedback.

Thanks!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Put the id in an adjacent column and then use

=VLOOKUP(project_name,'Resource Sheet'!A1:B100,2,False)

to get the id anywhere else.

--

HTH

RP

"Sukismomma" wrote in message
Hi All!

I am working on a spreadsheet that has a number of project names

listed in
column A.

I want to assign a ID code to each project and have them be "linked"

so
that
number will be added to a summary sheet whenever the project name or
number
is referenced thru out several sheets within that workbook and an

external
workbook.

For example:
Column A (on Resouce Sheet)
Project A= 1
Project B= 2
Project C=3

Through out the worksheets those project names or numbers will show up
where
there are dependancies on projects.

ON the Summary sheet, I have a column A named
Project Name

Column B named
Project dependancies

I want to populate the column B with the project ID number if it is
located
on the detailed sheets.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!