Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PCoyne PCoyne is offline

Default Multiple drop-down lists to get a value

From that site, what is it I'm looking for exactly? VLookUp stuff? or Data
stuff? Which link would be the most helpful?

Thanks,
PC

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Debra can help you.
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"PCoyne" wrote in message
Ok, this may get slightly confusing, but I will try my best to describe
the
problem clearly:

I have 4 worksheets that list different types of piping. Within each of
these worksheets, I have different types of fittings along with different
sizes for each of the fittings. So, my 4 worksheets look like this, each
with
a differing name for the TYPE of PIPING:

"TYPE OF PIPING"
1 A B C D
2 Size1 Size2 Size3
3 -TypeA X X X
4 -TypeB X X X
5 -TypeC X X X ...etc

The problem I am having is that I create the 3 drop-down lists for 'Type
of
Piping', 'Type of Fitting', and 'Size' but I have no idea how to write the
formula to pull the information I need.

I need Excel to see what was picked in the first drop-down list to go to
the
worksheet, then what was picked from the second drop-down list to go to
that
row, and then what was picked from the thrid drop-down list to go to that
column, and give me that number.

If you need more specifics, please let me know what I can tell you to help
you understand more. As I stated, I know it must be confusing to read, but
any help will me greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
PC