Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default sumproduct and if statement

I don't understand the significance of (say) Shot 3 appearing more than once
in Col V. Are you saying the numbers associated with it in AA & AG. If so
then this formula may not be what you require because it finds the first
instance of what is in A28. having said that try:-

=VLOOKUP(A28,V1:AA20,6,FALSE)&" Shots "&VLOOKUP(A28,V1:AG20,12,FALSE)&" Days"

Mike

"ellebelle" wrote:

I have the following formula that is not working as I would like it to.

=IF($V9:$V90=A28,SUMPRODUCT($AA$9:$AA$90,AG9:AG90) )

I have three columns of data:

col. V has type of shot (shot1, shot 2, shot 3 etc.)

col. AA has number of shots per type (4, 5,2 etc)

col. AG has number of days each type of shot should take to finish (3, 5, 19
etc)

I would like to enter the shot type name into cell A28 and retireve hte
total number of days that the shot type requires. Pls note that a shot type
can appear in the col V more than once.

any ideas?