Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default insert drop-down list without existing cell info

YOu can create a dropdown list by using data validation. There are
instructions in Excel's help, and he

To fill in related information after an item is selected, you can use a
VLookup formula. There's an order form example shown he

http://www.contextures.com/xlOrderForm01.html

dustin wrote:
I am wanting to create a list of "bidding instructions" for our
sub-contractors, of course different homes will have different instructions
associated with them

for example what type of roofing

is there a place I can just type in standard instructions for say ashpalt
shingles, and then concrete tiles then when the time comes just select which
one I would want to insert on this set of instructions

Ideally I would like to see a pull-down menu that says "ashpalt shingles"
and "concrete tiles" select which one I want and excel will insert the more
lenghty set of instruction such as, say I choose "asphalt shingles" it will
insert " bid per plans using ........asphalt shingles.......more info....etc"

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures