Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
stranger2excel stranger2excel is offline

Default LINKED TEXT BOX

Hi BJ,

It worked, the Copy/Paste solution......

Best Regards

"bj" wrote:

you will probably find that only 256 characters were transfered, if you count
them.
this is a common problem.
there are many entries in the discussion section on this,
one method I have used is to copy as picture and paste the pictues into the
new spread sheet,
but not in a text box
another way is to copy the cell
paste it into word
copy the word version and going to the excel text box pasting into the text
box.
unfortuanately, I do not know a specific formula to do this.

"stranger2excel" wrote:

Hi,

i have merged a cell (about 10 rows x 10 columns) in order to type out text
consisting of words, numbers etc. and have linked this cell to a text box in
another sheet. i dont use any graphics but only letters and numbers.

surprisingly, the linked text box appears to have only about 2/3rd of the
text that i type. the full cell does not appear in the text box. how can i
get the full cell to appear in the linked text box?

i seek your assistance to resove this problem, please

thanks
stranger2excel