Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

Default average age

if the ages are listed in the sheets in the same cell on each sheet(c1?)
where you want to have the average
enter =average(
select the first sheet (Furthest to the left in the tab section) with an age
and select the cell with the age
hold down the shift key and select the last sheet (furthest to the right in
the tab section) with an age
type ) and hit enter

if the data is date of birth
find a common empty cell in the sheets with data
select the first sheet and holding down the shift key select the last sheet
enter in the predetermined empty cell
=datedif(dob_cell,today(),"y")

use this cell in the average age secion above.

"msiz" wrote:

hi
I have a spreadsheet with lots of different sheets, with info in them. I am
trying to calculate average ages of people listed in each sheet. can anyone
help?
thanks
msiz