Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Eqa Eqa is offline

Default Formula working backwards from finished price

I am stuggling with the following formula. If I have a unit that is worth
$100 in Col A and I have another column representing a 10% on the $100 and
then Col. C representing a 17.5% charge on the $100 and Col D representing
A+B+C this is equal to $127.50. But I want to go from Col D $127.50 to
establish what Col C is at 17.5% and Col B is at 10% and therefore Col A is
eqal $100.

What formulas do I need to enter into Cols C,B,A . I hope this clear as I
have been going crazy trying to get this.

Thanks In ananticipation
Eqa