Sheldon Zaklow

Default Opening an Excel file

Unchecking 'ignore other applications' worked. Thanks.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Sometimes one of these works:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

--- or ---

Close Excel (both instances) and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

factory defaults.

Jamie A Miller wrote:

I am trying to open an Excel file from one of my folders (Ex: My Documents).
The file will not open. If I double-click on the file name, it will open
Excel, but not a file. I have even tried right-clicking and using the "Open
With" command. If you open Excel, you can access these files fine. I have
tried to right-click to change the file associations. I have also tried to
change the associations through the Tools menufolder options from the
folders. It will not open the file in Excel. My Word files are fine- just
Excel. This is driving me crazy. Help!!

--

Dave Peterson