Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Default Average of only cells containing numeral value

Sun, 1 Jul 2007 06:28:01 -0700 from Tanya
:

Can anyone advise me please of a formula to calculate the average for a
range where only numerals are present. i.e. I have a column with a number of
text values in which the numeral value has no entry?

Have you checked Excel help for the function =AVERAGE() ? It sure
looks to me like it marches your requirements.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/