Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default Average of only cells containing numeral value

The AVERAGE function ignores text

Per Excel Help for the AVERAGE function:
If an array or reference argument contains text, logical values, or empty cells, those values are ignored; however, cells with the value zero are included.<<

Are you experiencing something different?

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Tanya" wrote:

Hi
Can anyone advise me please of a formula to calculate the average for a
range where only numerals are present. i.e. I have a column with a number of
text values in which the numeral value has no entry?
Thank you in advance.

Regards
Tanya