Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steve Steve is offline

Default Monter IF statement??? sorry long question

sorry am being a bit thick so if i remove the bit that says for example
M2="FTA" and replace it will M2=<"" that should work and just look for any
entry in that cell?

"David Biddulph" wrote:

So if you need to check if a date is between E & F, use something like
AND(H2=E2,H2<=F2), but if there are parts where you merely want to check
whether a cell has an entry, you could use something like N2<""
--
David Biddulph

"Steve" wrote in message
The columns will all have dates in and i need to get it to check if they
are
between the dates in E & F so the beginning of the formulea is fine buts
after that is where i started to get stuck

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Try this as a start:
=IF(OR(AND(H2=E2,H2<=F2),N2="Waived"),"Pass",IF(O R(M2="FTA",O2="Deferred"),"Fail",IF(P2="Exit",""," undefined")))
If the content of your columns is different from what I've assumed, you
can
adjust the formula accordingly.
--
David Biddulph

"Steve" wrote in message
I am setting up a spreadsheet to do some stats and am lost on a large
if,and,or type statement

The columns are
E=Start of period
F=end of period
H=Completed
Q=Target achivied
N=Waived
O=Deferred
M=FTA
P=Exit

U=Exit

The other columns dont really matter as they wont affect what i want

The Result in Col Q needs to Be Pass or Fail

The scenario is as follows.

If the interivew is completed within the target window (E-F) we pass
If we waive the interview (N) we pass
IF we FTA the interview (M) we fail unless there is an entry between
E-F
in
completed (H)
If we Defer the interview outside the target window we fail but if it
is
inside & we complete the interview we pass
If we Exit (P) thne i want no entry at all in Col Q

i think that is all. I got so far then gave up. If i cnt do one large
statement should i do lots of little ones with outcomes in hidden
columns?

hopefully this makes sense