Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Bob Flanagan Bob Flanagan is offline

Default How to find if workbook is being linked to

Julie, you don't have many choices. You will need to open all workbooks
that can possible have a link to the workbook and see if they have a link to
it by selecting Edit, Links after opening a workbook. The choices are to do
manually or with a macro or add-in. If a lot of files, the second approach
is obviously easier. I know one of the products at my site can do it, the
Link Finder, http://www.add-ins.com/linkfind.htm.

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
144 Dewberry Drive
Hockessin, Delaware, U.S. 19707

Phone: 302-234-9857, cell 302-584-1771
http://www.add-ins.com

"Julie" wrote in message
I need to make some changes to a Workbook A but don't know how many other
workbooks link to it. I'd like to open the other workbooks before I make
the
changes Workbook A so the links don't get messed up.