Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peter Peter is offline

Default How do I use an If= statement with an apostrophe (IF(s4="jack's",.

Make sure there are not extra spaces before or after Jack's. In Excel 2007,
I typed Jack's in one cell and added =IF(D4="Jack's",1,"") and I am getting a
1. If I add one empty space after 's I then get blank.
--
Peter

"Denver Tiffany" wrote:

I need to set a new cell's value to a numeric digit by saying :
If(s4="Jack's", 1, ""). But it won't work b/c of the apostrophe inside of
"Jack's".

Is there a way around this without altering the data?