Gord Dibben

fick

How do you create the customizing?

If by ToolsCustomize and dragging menu items to the worksheet menu bar then
these customizations are saved in your Excel.XLB file and not with the
workbook.

Others won't have access to this *.XLB file so customized menus won't show up.

It will be named Excel10.xlb

You can copy it to your home computer, rename the current Excel0.xlb to
Excel10.old then paste in the new Excel10.xlb.

Note: this will destroy any customizations you may have done to the home
Excel10.xlb version.

One more option..........If you assign macros to a bunch of buttons onto a new
Toolbar, you can attach the Toolbar to the workbook.

Best to create menus "on the fly" with code in the workbook.

The sites below give example code and tips.

Note: some sites say for XL97, but same for 2003

http://support.microsoft.com/support.../Q159/6/19.asp

http://support.microsoft.com/support.../Q162/8/78.asp

http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;Q166755&

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On 10 Dec 2004 10:35:32 -0800, "fick" wrote:

I would like to know where excel stores custom toolbars.. I have erased
all excel files with custom toolbars and then have emailed a excel
program to my computer and have opened it and the custom toolbar is
sill different then the one on the other computer... How do I fix
this???? Thanks