Dave Peterson

How about a slightly different approach???

Keep your numbers (1-10,000) in column A of a worksheet. I'm gonna call that
worksheet "Numbers".

But put your sold tickets on a different worksheet. Merge all the data into
that worksheet--but don't use colors for the indicator. Add another column and
add a real indicator--name??? Make sure the numbers of the tickets is in
column A.

I'm gonna call this worksheet "Sold".

Then in cell B2 of the Numbers worksheet, put this formula:
=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(A2,Sold!A:A,0)),"",MATCH(A2,Sold !A:A,0))
(and copy down)
(assuming headers in row 1 of the Numbers tab.)

Then in cell C2, put a formula like:
=IF($B2="","",INDEX(Sold!B:B,$B2))
(and copy down)

And in D2, a similar formula:
=IF($B2="","",INDEX(Sold!C:C,$B2))
(and copy down)

And drag to the right for as many columns as you want to return. (and drag
down).

You can apply Data|filter|autofilter to show/hide the data you want.

Tammy wrote:

I was afraid of that... here goes...

I am doing a big spreadsheet where an organization is selling 10,000 tickets
for an event. We are trying to keep up with the tickets. I have set up a
master sheet and numbered the sheet. The ticket numbers are in column A. I
have 6 different people doing spreadsheets with the information. EX: ticket
number, names, address etc. Each week they are going to email me their
spreadsheets and I want to enter the information on the master sheet. So I
was going to copy the info into the master sheet. But, I need to keep the
numbers in Column A, so I can keep track of what number tickets have not been
sold. I plan to format in color each persons sheets so I will know who
entered what info.

Does this explain it better??
Thanks.

"Connie Martin" wrote:

I think you need to reword your paragraphs below because I don't find it
clear what you are saying. Please try again and be more precise.

"Tammy" wrote:

Here is my spreadsheet:

0001 0002 Last First
0002 0005 Last First
0005 0040 Last First
0006
0007
0008
0009
0010
0011
0012
0013
0014
0015
0016
0017
0018
I want to replace the numbers from the new sheet with the information into
a master sheet that is numbered in Column A from 0000-10000. I have made a
master sheet and different people are going to give me "mini" master sheets
with info. and I want to put everything on the master sheet and not loose the
numbers in Column A, but replace those numbers with the numbers from the mini
sheets.

Thanks.

--
Tammy