Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
driller driller is offline

Default formula to count easily

i hope someone from our group can formula-count this easily with criteria....

thanks anyway for trying...
regards,
driller
--
*****
birds of the same feather flock together..

"driller" wrote:

thanks for quick reply...
I need to have the other summing if criteria (c1:c100="Author Name").
to summarize the error checking tasks of my co-authorses...

regards,
driller

--
*****
birds of the same feather flock together..

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try SUMIF:

=SUMIF(A1:A7,#DIV/0!,B1:B7)

Biff

"driller" wrote in message
thanks for ur kind reply,

the purpose actually is to count how many times an error exist in a
formula
whwn multiplied to my column (B1:B100).
Note: Column (B1:B100) contains the number of times a certain cell formula
from column A had been utilized in the workbook of 2 sheets.

i'm thinking to use sum or sumproduct yet i find hard time for some error
type counting (e.g. #Ref!, etc)...

Purpose : to distinguish those formulas in the workbook that has to be
revised by my co-authors and by how may times for each author assigned for
each errot type correction..

thanks if someone will help me other than from my co-authors listed in
column(C1:C100)

been dribled with my regards,
driller
--
*****
birds of the same feather flock together..

"Elkar" wrote:

The Error Types return text strings, so a simple COUNTIF should work:

=COUNTIF(A1:A100,"#DIV/0!")
=COUNTIF(A1:A100,"#NAME?")
etc...

HTH,
Elkar

"driller" wrote:

in my formulation list workbook, i have one column filled with
different
formulas...
result can be a text, number, and all sorts of known error
types....e.g.

#NULL!
#DIV/0!
#VALUE!
#REF!
#NAME?
#NUM!
#N/A

I like to count (A1:A100) how many formula are bearing each
error.type...
this may enlighten me how to clean the list of formula bearing correct
results...

pls. bear with me...

regards,
driller
--
*****
birds of the same feather flock together..