Dave Peterson

I've never seen this happen in real life, but there have been a few posts that
describe your problem.

One suggestion is to try to wake up excel's calculation engine (may be the wrong
term!):

Edit|replace
what: = (equal sign)
with: = (equal sign)
replace all

And under the Options button, you can choose Workbook so that you don't have to
do each worksheet individually.

There have been replies that say this works, but also questioning why this
happens and will it fix it forever.

I don't have a guess for either question.

notloiseweiss wrote:

(Excel 2002) I have a 5G Excel workbook with around 40 worksheets in it.
Many of the sheets contain cells that refer to values in other sheets. I
recently found that some of the values were incorrect (I believe they were
just not updated). When I double clicked on the cell, gained access to the
formula and then hit enter, the cell updated. I'm wondering 2 things -

1) Under what circumstances will cells NOT automatically update? I thought
they always updated automatically as long as you're working within the same
workbook.

2) Is there a way that I can update all cells at once?

--

Dave Peterson