Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default isolating specific list

But how do you select them, just pt1 up to pt200? And the list is, just
select the whole list (make sure you have headers), then do
datafilterautofilter, from dropdown select custom and use (depending on
the way they are "branded")

if all patients are called pt1 and so on and you want pt1 to pt200 use is
greater than or equal to pt1, then in the second choice use is less than or
equal to pt200
or if all the patients you want start with pt, then use begins with pt

If you just want to get 200 randomly, use a help column and =RAND()

copy down, sort by the help column and select the first 200

Also if this works and when you have filtered them just select the visible
range and copy and paste somewhere else

Peo Sjoblom

"Elle" wrote in message
there are 200 patients that i need... and i tried using
=if(B2=pt1,"yes",=if(B2=pt2,"yes"........ with this repeated 200 times
include all the patients that i want... but excel wouldn't take a formula
that long.... is there a way i can do an IF statement without listing all
the patients in theformula? i tried just using =if(b2=d1:d200.... with my
list of patients.. but that didn't work.... any suggestions?

thanks =)

"bj" wrote:

If there is some field which would uniquely identify thiese patients,
you
could use auto or advanced filter to show just these patients or to do
calulations on just thes patients
if there is nothing which uniquely identifies these patients on the
preadsheet, I w9ould make a helper row and mark it in a way to do the
identification

"Elle" wrote:

Hello,

I have a huge list of patients identified by number... and columns of
info
like gender, birthday, medical issues etc.

I only need the info from 200 specific patients. How can I isolate
those
rows efficiently?