Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Sorting into Groups equal size

Try fiddling about with DataFilterAutofilter to break your data into chunks
depending upon how and what you filter for.

Your needs are unclear to me.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 15:54:00 -0700, tay4432
wrote:

I collect art from sites online and place it into sperate folders for each
artist, so I use excel to keep track of the number of files I have for each
artist. I then view this images by placing them in zip files and using a
comic viewer program. I like to keep the achieve all near as possible the
same number of images .

However, this at present requires a lot of work as sorting the folders
between the archieve requires trial and error. So what I was wondering is if
it is possible to use Excel to do this automatically, so if I set up a work
sheet that contains two columns , one with the lists of artists and the next
with the list of number of images for each, if Excel could sort these folders
into groups of near equal size depending given either the size of the archive
required or the number of archievers wanted that could be made into archieves.

If anyone knows away of doing this please reply as soon as possible. Thank You