Sukismomma

Default Assign a number to a name

Hi All!

I am working on a spreadsheet that has a number of project names listed in
column A.

I want to assign a ID code to each project and have them be "linked" so that
number will be added to a summary sheet whenever the project name or number
is referenced thru out several sheets within that workbook and an external
workbook.

For example:
Column A (on Resouce Sheet)
Project A= 1
Project B= 2
Project C=3

Through out the worksheets those project names or numbers will show up where
there are dependancies on projects.

ON the Summary sheet, I have a column A named
Project Name

Column B named
Project dependancies

I want to populate the column B with the project ID number if it is located
on the detailed sheets.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!