Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John John is offline

Default Excel Formula Help

Hi Roger

I see what you saying and I appreciate the idea but this is alittle more
then just a monthly thing. Each week Ill need to create a new spreadsheet
and was really hoping this was possible the way I had asked.

Dont get me wrong your idea would work but Ill still need to create a new
sheet and was looking for a formula that would achieve what I was looking for.

Thanks

John

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi John

Rather than creating multiple sheets, keep all you data on a single
sheet.
Add an extra column (D) and enter in that column, whatever it would have
been as the criterion for creating a new sheet.
For example, if you were creating a new sheet for each Month, then have
B C D
Name Value Month
aaa 100 Jan
bbb 120 Jan
ccc 130 Jan
aaa 95 Feb

Carry out your sort, based on Column C.
Mark the header and choose DataFilterAutofilter.
Using the dropdown arrows on any of the columns, will enable you to show
just that set of data e.g select Month Jun to see all the data relating
to June - which will automatically be in descending order by Value.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"John" wrote in message
Well the reason behind is the fact there will be multiple sheets over
time
and wanted a simple way of adding the codes over the multiple sheets
without
doing what you have suggested below everytime a sheet has been added.
create
all the sheets at once then anytime the data change the sheet will be
listed
based on sheet one totals.

John

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi John

Then why not copy the data from Sheet 1 to Sheet2.
On sheet2, select columns A and BdataSortcolumn BDescending

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"John" wrote in message
Sorry guys let me gives this another try.....

Sheet 1 consists of Names from Cell B2 to B102
and totals from Cell C2 to C102

On sheet 2 I want it to automatically add the names in order based
on
the
totals from cells C2 to C102 from sheet 1

I hope this is clearer this time.

John

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi John

I think you need to spell things out a little more clearly as to
exactly
what you are wanting.
From your posting, I could not determine exactly what you are
wanting
achieve.
I take it that F2:D69 is a typo, and you meant F2:F60.

Post back with more detail and maybe we can help you.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"John" wrote in message
Hi all I'm new to excel and was wondering if someone would be
kind
enough to
help me out.

The main worksheet consists of all the data, example: name and
totals,
I was
wondering if it's possible when I create a new worksheet that it
would
list
the person name based on the highest to the lowest totals from
the
main
worksheet.

Main worksheet consists of:
Cell D2 :D60 = Names
Cell F2 :D69 = Totals

So in worksheet 2 it will automatically list the names based on
the
main
worksheet data is this possible?