Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mark Mark is offline

Default commands in Excel shaded and not accessable

Today when I opened Excel files the commands at the top of the spreadsheet
(file, edit, view, insert, etc) are all shaded out and I cannot access them.
I only seem to be able to preview things. This happens on any spreadsheet I
open or if I just open Excel with no file open. If I exit the spreadsheet it
will ask me if I want to save it as normal. I have tried resetting the
commands and tool bars but nothing changes. Also the "standard" tool bar is
not an option as a drop down. Any suggestions?
--
Mark