Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default calculate various cells to acheive a specific value

One way, not necessarily very elegant, is if you've got your data in a
column as your example, copy and paste special in a row across the top of
the sheet to form a square table with your original column values, then add
values from column A and row 1 to form the square.
Conditional format to highlight where the result is 10525, & it shows
9871+654 (or v.v.).
--
David Biddulph

"Jennifer_C" <u35395@uwe wrote in message news:7455401029a02@uwe...
Hello,
I am trying to identify two cells within a column that total a specific
amount. For example:

ColA
546
9732
654
6548
687
9871

I need to find the two (or more cells in some cases) that would create the
total of 10,525.

For my current task, I have over 100 rows of data and I know two cells
equal
a specific amount, but I do not know which two. Any help, or assistance
given
would be greatly appreciated!

Jennifer