OhhAhh

Thanks for the info.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Graeme

You say ALL numbers start with 3 and you want ALL numbers to start with 0
instead.
If this is true, and the numbers are in column A then in B1 enter
="0"&MID(A1,2,20) - assuming 20 covers the longest number you have
Copy down column B or double click the fill handle at the bottom right of
the cell.
Copy the whole of column B
Paste Special=Values

I would not Paste over the exisiting data immediately - just in case!!!!

--
Regards
Roger Govier
"OhhAhh" wrote in message
I have a sheet with old phone numbers on it. The numbers all have a
leading
3 (ie 3476) which I want to replace with a 0 (ie 0476). Of course if I do
regular find and replace it will replace all 3's within the numbers not
just
the leading one. Can someone out there tell me what the best way to
achieve
this is.

Thanks

Graeme